This year’s 2017 NC HIMSS Workshop, Reception, and Winter Dinner at the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge was a great success!. We had an expert panel focusing on Data Analytics – Exploring the Big Topics, and interactive participation between the panelists and the audience. Following the panel there was a networking reception, Dinner and amazing keynote presentation by Roy Lewis the Senior Administrator of Patient Access Services at Vidant Medical Center.
Location: Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge
10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy
Charlotte, NC 28277
Data Analytics – Exploring the Big Topics Workshop (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Using Big Data in Healthcare
- Predictive Modeling
- Self-Service Reporting
- Analytics: What’s Next?
The panelists were selected for their experience with these popular topics and inclusion of real-world examples in their presentations. Martin Sizemore, Chief Data Officer at Wake Forest Baptist Health, moderated the panel.
- Neil Downing is the Solution Lead for Big Data and Analytics at Dell EMC. He is a highly experienced business development specialist to Fortune 500 clients on data warehousing, advanced analytics, Big Data, BI, data integration and master data management. Neil is experienced in creating data warehousing strategy and helping organizations transition from relational databases to Big Data. He has a superior record of delivering large-scale and critical-mission projects on time with highest level of quality.
- Brian Wells, MD, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Board Certified in Family Medicine, Board Certified Physician Clinical Informatician, and the Director of Clinical Informatics for CTSI. His focus is providing comparative effectiveness evaluation of population health programs and risk prediction models.
- Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FHIMSS, FAAN, is Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) at IBM Global Healthcare, where she is responsible for building relationships and expanding business across the healthcare industry. She is a strategic advisor to clients and helps put together health IT solutions for providers to improve health and healthcare, lower costs, and ease clinical workload. Prior to working at IBM, Judy was CNO and Deputy National Coordinator for Programs and Policy at the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) in Washington, DC.
- Moses Perry is the Director of Business Intelligence and Reporting at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. He has worked in healthcare IT for over 20 years with a focus on database design, reporting and analytics. Moses has a degree in Business Management and an Associate’s degree in Medical Technology. He has a deep passion for analytic and reporting technologies and believes that data is any organization’s greatest asset.
Keynote Dinner Presenter: Roy Lewis, Vidant Medical Center
Roy Lewis has spent the past 30 years in human resources and operational management with general industry and healthcare. He is currently the Senior Administrator of Patient Access Services, Vidant Medical Center, focusing on employee and leader performance management, revenue cycle performance, processes and workflows for patient access, and maximizing relationships. Prior to joining VH, Roy was the Manager of Employment and Recruitment for the University of Virginia Medical Center, and the Vice President for Human Resources at Southside Regional Medical Center in Petersburg, Virginia.