Technologies to Improve Outcomes: from the Mountains to the Sea
NC HIMSS ANNUAL SPRING CONFERENCE
May 3 & 4, 2017 | Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown Hotel | Raleigh, NC
CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS – Deadline Extended to Submit: February 6, 2017
SUBMISSION ACCEPTANCE HAS NOW CLOSED
The North Carolina chapter of the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society invites you to share your knowledge by presenting at their 2017 conference in Raleigh, NC.
NC HIMSS welcomes presentations that highlight activities within and across North Carolina and boundary states. The most well-received presentations historically are those that do not come across as a sales pitch. Therefore, all vendor presentations should be led and/or accompanied by a provider as a co-presenter, to eliminate marketing presentations. Panel presentations are also encouraged. Multiple submissions are welcome.
NC HIMSS will evaluate all abstracts submitted. Below is a list of topic areas for consideration.
Improving Patient Care and Population Health
- Care Coordination, Culture of Care, and Population Health
- Clinical Informatics and Clinician Engagement
- Consumer and Patient Engagement
- Patient Safety and Quality (Bar Coding, Positive Patient ID, Medication Management, Electronic Consent)
- Automation to Improve Clinical and Business Outcomes
- Clinical and Business Analytics/Intelligence
- Business of Healthcare and New Payment Models
- Connected Health
- The Future of Meaningful Use
- Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Revenue Cycle / Financial Improvement
- Business Operations Optimization
- Quality and Regulatory Reporting
- How to prepare for a HIPAA Audit (from each area: admin, tech, physical)
- SETA – Security Education Training Awareness
- Multifactor Authentication
- Risk Assessment/Management
- New Wireless Technologies 802.11 ah/ax/
- Career/Workforce Development and Diversity
- Clinical and Business Intelligence
- Compliance, Risk Management and Program Integrity
- Cybersecurity and Privacy & Security
- Integrated IT Governance/Strategic Planning
- IT Infrastructure, Mobility
- Electronic Health Records (EHR)/Enterprise Information Systems
B. SCORING AND NOTIFICATION
Abstracts will be evaluated against each of these criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Quality of the abstract (merit, style, relevance)
- Educational potential
- Absence of commercial promotion (products and services) – these abstracts will not be considered
Presenters will be notified of abstract selections by in early March 2017.
C. COMPLIMENTARY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
A complimentary full conference registration will be provided for up to two (2) presenters per presentation. For a panel, we will provide complimentary conference registration for up to three (3) panelists, good for all sessions. Note: NC HIMSS does not reimburse for hotel, travel, meals or other presentation-related expenses.
D. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
When filling out this form, be sure to provide all information requested and include bios for each proposed presenter.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.