This month offers many ways to support the people around us.
- June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month. Wear purple and learn more here on how to raise awareness.
- Father’s day was June 20. We celebrate fathers and bring awareness to men’s health.
- We also want to recognize Juneteenth celebrations happening across our state.
Details of COVID vaccinations across NC are available here. Thank you to everyone who is a part of getting our state vaccinated.
Don’t miss the opportunity to submit your abstracts for October 14 & 15 NC HIMSS Annual Conference
We are excited to host our annual conference in person! Navigating the Healthcare Roadmap: From the Mountains to the Sea, October 14 & 15 will be held at the Embassy Suites Charlotte Concord Golf Resort. The deadline for abstracts is July 19, 2021.
NC HIMSS Scholarship Application NOW Open!
Deadline to submit is August 16. In addition to the $2500 scholarship, the recipient will be granted registration to the NC HIMSS Annual conference in October 2021, where the award will be announced. Submit your application today.
Healthcare News to Know
National HIMSS updates and other important healthcare news in our state:
- UNC, Duke children’s hospitals retain top rankings in U.S
- Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital Named a “Best Children’s Hospital”
- Tackling NC’s rural provider shortage, one residency slot at a time
- Behavioral health crisis across North Carolina has reached a state of emergency Artificial Intelligence: Going beyond the data to fix the flaws
- HIMSS21 August 9-13 in Las Vegas
Call for Sponsors
We partner with sponsors to bring valuable programs to our members. Thank you to the members for calling on our sponsors to help navigate the ever-changing waters of healthcare. Each month, we feature some of our sponsors in this newsletter and share the value they bring to our community. Please see our sponsorship page for more information and reach out to our committee contacts for more information.
Featured Sponsor: Lenovo Health
As healthcare demands more mobility, security, and virtual care delivery, Lenovo Health is leading the way with a clinician’s passion for patient-centered care and an IT pro’s commitment to performance. Designed for the unique needs of clinical settings, our modern IT solutions enable reliable, innovative care. We have reimagined technology for flexibility and efficiency, powering better experiences and patient outcomes.
Please follow NC HIMSS on LinkedIn. Thanks to all of you for the efforts you put in each day. Stay safe, and we look forward to connecting with you soon.
NC HIMSS Board of Directors