What a great fall conference in downtown Winston-Salem! This conference “Now and Next in Healthcare Delivery” put NC HIMSS Chapter back into an annual rotation for fall of each year and came on the heels of our 2022 spring conference, the first following the COVID-19 delays. As such, attendance was lighter than usual, however the content, networking, and sponsorships were strong! We are very excited to begin planning for the 2023 fall conference and hope you can join us.
Highlights of the NC HIMSS Fall Conference include Edward Marx, CEO of Divurgent and former CIO of Cleveland Clinic sharing trends in IT, a CIO Panel, an advocacy discussion, and a networking reception at Roar. Some initial information and attendee feedback about this conference held at the Marriott & Convention Center on October 18th and 19th:
- A majority of attendees thought the information provided across the 19 education sessions and two keynotes was useful or highly useful
- Over 90% would recommend the NC HIMSS conference to a colleague
- Specific comments about what attendees most enjoyed about the conference
- Sessions were informative and relevant
- Networking and learning
- Conference theme, overall presentation topics, panel discussion, networking event, and the food
- Speakers were excellent and the venue was easy to navigate
- After-hours event at Roar was a great location and activity
Check out some photos from the Roar event!
We plan to host another CPHIMS prep course so please look out for updates and timing.
Healthcare News to Know
National HIMSS updates and other important healthcare news in our state
- Atrium Health Named to Newsweek’s List of Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces for 2022
- UNC-Led Initiative Set to Gain Insights to Improve Posttraumatic Outcomes
- Telemedicine Coming to Guilford County Schools
- Twenty-two ECU Health nurses recognized among Great 100 Nurses of North Carolina
- Novant Health and TytoCare donating telehealth devices to communities in need
Become an NC HIMSS Sponsor
Our sponsors help us bring valuable programs to our members. Each month, we’re proud to showcase sponsors in this newsletter to share the value they bring to our community. Click here to learn more about sponsorship.
We’ve highlighted some of our newest sponsors below and will highlight additional sponsors in upcoming newsletters.
Founded in 2004, iMethods is a Best in KLAS (2020) consulting and staffing firm. Its family of healthcare IT professionals genuinely cares about building meaningful relationships and delivering exceptional results to our client partners. iMethods works closely with provider organizations to help them achieve their HIT goals. Service offerings include Staff Augmentation, Consulting and Advisory, Managed Services/Legacy Support and Recruiting/Permanent Search, as well as other specialized clinical application support services. For more than 18 years, iMethods has been dedicated to guiding health systems through the challenges associated with implementing healthcare technology and hiring great people. iMethods’ 160+ employees live by its six core values (ardent service, tireless efforts, positive results, telling the truth, constant learning, and serving its community) in every interaction, and by following a proprietary quality model, differentiates the company in what is often otherwise considered a transactional business segment. Learn more.
Female-founded and led, Seattle-based Brightwork is a dynamic team of thought leaders and subject-matter experts that have successfully managed some of the healthcare industry’s most complex IT implementations. By aligning deep domain expertise with a robust partner ecosystem, Brightwork helps clients achieve exceptional results and since 2017 has worked to future-proof some of the most innovative and influential healthcare organizations in the world. Learn more.
Join Your Fellow HIMSS Members on Accelerate
Have you checked out Accelerate? This purpose-built digital platform from HIMSS is driving 365 healthcare transformation. Sign up now with code CHNC for immediate access to your personalized view of the global health ecosystem anytime. Learn more.
Thank you for your continued efforts to support healthcare IT, healthcare delivery, and the health of all of us across North Carolina!
NC HIMSS Board of Directors