Terry L Jackson
CIO/Director Information Systems
CarolinaEast Health System
New Bern, North Carolina
Terry Jackson is the Director and Chief Information Officer for CarolinaEast Health System in New Bern, North Carolina. Recognized by Healthgrades as one of America’s 50 Best™ Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery, CarolinaEast service communities along the eastern coastline of North Carolina.
Mr. Jackson began his healthcare career in 1980, providing leadership in strategic planning, workflow design and execution. Currently working to support the mission and meet the goals of CarolinaEast. Prior to coming to CarolinaEast in 2008, Mr. Jackson was the Corporate Director and Chief Information Officer for Trover Health Systems for 12 years. Previous to this he served for 16 years in various positions with Welborn Baptist Hospital in Evansville, Indian.
Mr. Jackson was awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, Computer Science and Mathematics from Murray State University in 1975. In 1990 he earned his Masters of Science Degree in Health Services Administration from the University of Evansville. Mr. Jackson is currently a member of the following:
- HIMSS National (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society 1996 to present)
- Kentucky HIMSS (1996 to 2008, Board Member 2003 to 2006)
- Member of National HIMSS Delegation to China (Beijing 2002)
- North Carolina HIMSS (2008 to present, Board Member 2012 to present)
- CHIME (College of Healthcare Information Management Executives 1996 to present)
- NCHICA (North Carolina Healthcare Information and Communications Alliance 2008 to present)